I still remember that day when I unboxed my first Android smartphone, switched it on and was disappointed to see a lot of crap (bloatware, I mean) was installed by the manufacturer. As usual, I Googled - "How to remove bloatware from android?" And the first answer I saw was "ROOT your phone!" I got pretty curious about the whole 'root' thing and rooted my phone, messed up with some system files and voila! My phone stuck on a boot loop. My phone got out of it after that after spending some money but that's okay.


Anyway, so today I'm going to share some of the experience which I had while rooting and Jailbreaking my devices. Now, just grab a drink and some burritos, sit back and enjoy this article.

Why I decided to root my Android phone...

As I mentioned above, I wanted to remove the preloaded apps and stuff which was taking a lot of space on my device. Believe it or not, my phone's internal memory was ONLY 139 MB. YES, you can check out the specifications of Karbonn A25. Anyways, I wanted to expand my internal memory so, I watched some tutorials on how to do it and I did it! I expanded my internal storage to about 4 gigs and that was rad! So the main reasons would be - Removing the crap and expanding my phone's internal storage.

My First Bootloop!

After rooting my phone, I was really excited and did some search about what you can do after a successful rooting your Android device (I completely forgot about removing the bloatware). I read an article that you can run system apps from other smartphone companies like Samsung, Moto.etc I thought that was pretty cool and read only half of the article. In a lot of excitement, I grabbed my friend's phone and transferred the camera system application into my phone's system storage without even modifying any system permissions. I restarted my device and I was a greeted with a bootloop.

I had to take my phone to the customer care and they flashed the stock ROM again (In simple words, they just repaired it) and I was happy to see my home screen, again!

What else I did...


After some days, I heard about Xposed Installer and that you can customize and redefine your phone at a whole new level with it. I decided to install the 'Xposed Installer' and I have to say, it was one of the greatest decision I have ever made! I changed my phone's font, status bar.etc and it was totally worth it because It was quite boring to use the same font for each and every app.

What was my next move? Hmph. You guessed it right! (Probably) I installed ClockWorkMod (CWM) and flashed a brand-new Samsung ROM on my device. Everybody thought that I was using a Samsung device and I had to explain every single time that it was actually Karbonn A25 'disguised' as Samsung Galaxy S3. 

Wait, you didn't mention anything about Jailbreaking!




I actually own an iPad along with an Android device. I was quite surprised to see what a phone can actually do when it is rooted. This time I "YouTubeed" (Is that a word?) - "Advantages of Jailbreaking" and after watching some videos, I got excited about Jailbreaking too. But this time, I was smart enough to do some research about it before Jailbreaking my iDevice. I read a tutorial about how to do so and downloaded the software but just then, one screen popped up on my iPad and it said "iOS 9.2.1 update is ready to install" I was like 'Okay dokay, let's do this!' After that, I updated my iPad and a couple minutes later I learned that jailbreak is NOT released yet for iOS 9.2.1. Well, that was it. I actually lost it there. I'm still waiting for the jailbreak since then.

So, I think that was my experience about the while rooting and Jailbreaking thing. What was your experience like? Let me know in the comment section below or just simply message me on Facebook. I would love to hear from you! 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post